Undertaken by Hardy Cannon and his team at Cannon Field, this rare lightplane was restored in the early 1980s.
Used for training, the C-3 was noted for its gliding ability and gentle landing speeds. Wire bracing supported the wings. An enclosed cabin offered comfort for wintertime flying. Production ended in 1937.
This aircraft now resides at Shannon Air Museum in Fredericksburg, Virginia.
Likewise, a rare Stinson L-1 was restored at Cannon Field.
Production of the C-3 was halted in 1937, leading to the eventual design of the Aeronca L-3.